Most people view charities as organisations that are created to assist those less fortunate people and to provide funding for causes and beliefs. However, our team understand that a charity is effectively a business and we keep this in mind when providing legal advice on charitable matters.
Obtaining charitable status is often a proud moment however it brings with it significant obligations. We always remain on hand to ensure matters proceed smoothly to allow you to concentrate on running the charity with as little difficulty as possible.
In addition to advising charities and voluntary organisations, a number of our Solicitors are trustees of such organisations, which often provides a useful starting point for our clients.
We have particular expertise in the following fields: -
- Acquisition and disposal of property and other capital assets
- Creating new organisations – the legal requirements
- Drafting and amending governing documents
- Incorporation of trusts
- Trustee matters such as powers and appointment
- Other charitable issues including compliance with Charities Act requirements
If you would like to discuss a potential matter or would like any further information then please contact one of our team using the details shown on this page.