At Malcolm C Foy and Co we recognize that buying and selling homes are some of the most important transactions people make in their lifetime. We seek to assist with this and remove as much uncertainty as possible by providing clear and proactive advice.
The services offered include:
- Sales of property (both freehold and leasehold flats)
- Purchases of new build properties and existing properties including those using "Help to Buy" and other Government schemes.
- Transfers of Equity – where somebody is being removed or added as the owner of a property.
- Shared Ownership schemes
- Preparation of tenancy agreements where you are renting out a property that you own.
- Advice of Equity Release schemes including both lifetime mortgages and home reversion schemes
- Buying and selling of garden land
- Extending your lease where you own a long leasehold property and the lease does not have long to run
- Purchasing freehold or leasehold property (Enfranchisement). This could be the purchase of the freehold interest in a leasehold house or advising a group of flat owners on the acquisition of the freehold of their block
- Adverse Possession claims where you are occupying an area of land adjacent to your property and using this as your own land we can advise on the potential for making a claim to ownership of that land
- First Registrations of title where your property is not registered at the Land Registry
The Department enjoys established relationships with a number of significant national housebuilders and is recommended by them to their customers as a panel solicitor. It also obtains a good deal of repeat work of all kinds from satisfied clients.
The Department was one of the first in the area to receive accreditation under the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme (“CQS”) This is an increasingly significant hallmark in the Conveyancing market in terms of quality control and is recognised as such by major lenders. In fact some lenders will already only instruct CQS firms where a purchaser is obtaining a mortgage from them.
If you would like to discuss a potential matter or would like any further information then please contact one of our team using the details shown on this page.
For further information in respect of particular types of transaction please follow the links at the side of this page to look at some “Frequently Asked Questions”.
If you would like a conveyancing quote please use the link on the left hand side of the page and complete the details requested about your transaction.