Every company is required to publish a set of rules about the way in which it is to be managed. These rules, or “Articles of Association” (or simply “Articles”), define, amongst other matters, particular rules relating to:
- What decisions may be made by the directors and what are reserved to the shareholders
- How a director may be appointed and removed from office
- How decisions are made by directors
- How conflicts of interest of directors should be dealt with
- How new shares are issued
- Any restrictions on the transfer of shares by a shareholder
- How dividends are paid
- How shareholder decisions are made
When a company is formed, unless you require a different outcome, a standard set of rules will form its Articles. At Malcolm C Foy & Co., we understand that the standard rules may not be appropriate for your needs. Indeed, our years of experience suggest that it is more likely than not that they are not suitable.
Our specialists can work with you to establish to form a company with the right Articles from the start of your new venture. Or if you have already begun, we can help you to identify the changes that should be made and prepare the necessary documentation for this purpose.
If you would like to discuss a potential matter or would like any further information then please contact one of our team using the details shown on this page.