What We Do

Share Transfers

Just as when you sell your house, when you sell or transfer shares in your company, you need the right advice and the right documentation.

When you transfer shares, you must comply with the terms of the Articles of Association and any shareholders’ agreement.  You should also consider whether there are any other rights that may be affected by the transfer.

It is possible that a document tax should be paid when shares are transferred or the transferee should sign a document by which he agrees to be bound by the terms of a shareholders’ agreement.

Shareholders occasionally overlook these things.

We at Malcolm C Foy & Co can make sure that your share transfers are done properly and efficiently.

If you would like to discuss a potential matter or would like any further information then please contact one of our team using the details shown on this page.