We provide a bespoke but cost effective service. We have the experience to identify the key issues and to deal with them effectively. Some of the issues that may arise on your acquisition or disposal are:
- Negotiating the heads of terms. Often it is better to involve us at this early stage so that any fundamental issues can be identified and resolved at the outset.
- Title matters such as restrictive covenants that affect your use of the property or easements such as rights of way that may be required over neighbouring land.
- Title indemnity insurance to cover issues with the title to the property which cannot be resolved adequately
- Developments both residential and commercial – by dealing with the original acquisition of a development site we can speed up the process of your development and make the subsequent sale of units on the site run smoothly as we will have detailed knowledge of the site.
- Searches – at the outset we would discuss with you which searches we would recommend are carried out and why. Many searches can be property specific such as a search with the Coal Authority if your property is in an area formerly used for underground mining
- Funding arrangements – we will work alongside your lenders, financial advisors and accountants to ensure funding for the transaction is put in place smoothly. Due to our experience we are aware of the requirements of all the major lenders and can anticipate and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Timescale – wherever possible we will try to meet the timescale set by you to achieve your business objectives. We are used to working to deadlines and we will know and advise you at an early stage if these timescales are realistic.
- Stamp Duty – we will advise you at the outset if you are likely to pay stamp duty on your acquisition and we will prepare and submit on your behalf the necessary stamp duty land tax forms on completion of your transaction and within the deadline set by HM Revenue and Customs.
- People – we will liaise throughout with your planning consultants, accountants, financial advisors, lenders and other professionals.
If you would like to discuss a potential matter or would like any further information then please contact one of our team using the details shown on this page.